Monday, July 11, 2011

Just A Simple Trip to Florida

I hear most of the time, bloggers write about their daily activites. Got to admit, some people must lead extraordinary lives if they can do it and have people read about it. I could write about mine, but fear many will start dozing mid-sentence. Let's give it a try, though. Rather than picking on a particular topic like kids feeling entitled, marijuana laws, or how the government ought to solve all our problems, let's try my day. Just for grins and giggles, I'll kick in yesterday, too. Actually, as I think about it, I'm going to start dozing mid-typing.

It was a dark and stormy night. Wait...I stole that line. It was a sunny morning that turned INTO a stormy afternoon. Two and a half hours of pouring rain. I mean, this stuff was the kind of rain that kept coming as people pulled their cars under the overpasses and under the shelter of a gas station. I really felt bad for the bikers because, well, many of us have been there and done that. It sucks. A lot. The rain eventually ended as I was cruising into the port of call that is Royal Palm Beach, FL. A second home, actually, and a sweet young lady that is like a daughter was waiting. She even turned me on to Big Brother on CBS. After now watching an episode, I've decided they might want to try a new twist and film it with members of Congress. THAT I'd watch, too. So I made it to Florida and geared up for an exciting week of work here in the Sunshine State. Great commute to work as I cruised past Donnie Trump's place, as well as a few other notable citizens of West Palm Beach. I got to the Four Seasons (yeah, nasty work, but someone has to do it) and sat, transfixed, on a plastic folding chair much of the day. Yes, the beauty of the Atlantic was a mere 200 yards outside the patio doors, yet I sat there. Why? Paycheck.....and I know most of you can relate. Why, I always wonder, do we bother going to these groovy locations when we're inside constantly? I get it - the attendees take their families and then blow off the courses and the exhibit halls so they can go to the beach. We (said exhibitors) then sit and wait for a crowd that will not come. It's okay, though - we're getting awfully good at crossword puzzles.

Tomorrow, you ask? Well, tomorrow will bring more of the same, however we are keeping sharp objects out of reach as a few of us want to open our wrists. I always thought "watching paint dry" was an expression. It is...and one we are living. Ah, the excitement of traveling and sales. S this is why I pick a topic other than my daily travels. This is not something anyone will read unless insomnia kicks in...and I get that, too. Use it tonight when you cannot fall asleep. Use it to punish the kids. Use it for.....sorry, I got nothing else.

Hope everyone had a great day.....and I promise not to do this again. Unless, of course, there's another slow news day. Seriously.

Until next time.....

1 comment:

  1. Hello there! This post could not be written any better!
    Looking through this article reminds me of my previous roommate!
    He constantly kept preaching about this. I most
    certainly will forward this article to him. Fairly certain he'll have a very good read. I appreciate you for sharing!

    Feel free to surf to my webpage: great point

    ReplyDelete