Monday, April 18, 2011

Hey, Dave....'Daily' means every day.....

Monday morning (actually late afternoon at this point) and I have not posted since Thursday.  Allow me to explain.  You see, as previously mentioned, we were attending our National Sales Meeting in sunny, friendly Florida.  Sunny, yes....friendly, somewhat.  Either way, when I give you the synopsis of the trip, you'll get it.  That, coupled with my incredibly brilliant scheduling techniques, results in posts for a 'Daily View" that come days apart.  It was hard to fit in the schedule, what can I say.  Sadly, I missed it.  I was, however, gathering material.  Let's leave it at that.

So I posted Thursday about Disney World - smart man, cute mouse, tons of cash raked in.  Why, if he weren't already *gone*, I'd have to consider selling my daughter to him.  Think Anna Nicole.  Brittany, though, would be marrying for love - she loves the mouse, loves Walt's money.....but I digress.  We were sent on a mission Thursday evening to be spent with one of our manufacturing partners.  They did NOT disappoint.  They decided to drag us to a show.  A show?  I'm in Disney and going to a show?  No way, no.....wait, what?  Where?  Ooh, Cirque de Soleil.....uh, yeah, I'm in.  If you've never been, go.  You owe it to yourself.  Too much going on to fully comprehend it all.  Four little Chinese girls (ever seen a tall one?) flipping, bouncing, swinging.  I would have asked for their birth certificates but was sure they'd say they were only six-year olds.  Then we had the bikers - on the stairs, jumping over people, off ramps, into pits.  You just know they were doing this on a playground somewhere when someone asked if they wanted to make some real scratch.  I tried it once, too.  I had the real scratch(es).  Head to toe.  I don't recommend that part.  Again, I digress......

For the ladies, the highlight of the show was when Mister 'Look At Me, I'm Ripped Head to Toe' came on stage with the red drapes.  He and four women twirled, climbed and swung everywhere.  I saw how limber they were, too.  Drapes?  Really?  Never considered them in the same class as handcuffs, blindfolds, or feathers, but I'm game.  Let's rock this thing.  Wow...more digression.  Long meeting, sorry.

Friday night, as I am bringing you up to speed, the company took us to China - the restaurant, not the country.  Great food, great drink, and tall people this time.  Shook me a bit.  As did the tequila that we found in Mexico after letting everyone ride Mission Space or, as I like to refer to it, the 'Claustrophibic, Gut-wrenching Ride of Gastronomical Vision'.  If you hadn't seen your food when it went down, you might get a good glimpse on the way back up.  Sat that one out.  Bus takes us back from Epcot, we get tucked in for the night (bar was closed - what else would we do?), then get ready to roll out the next morning.  Have our last class, meet with the people from the Disney Institute (very cool, by the way), then jump in the car.  Ah, time to relax.

The relaxation ended right after I got home Saturday night...for it was then that I realized it was off to sunny (isn't everywhere I go?) Talladega.  188 laps of adrenaline-pumping action.  Then we got to the track.  No, no....it was a fun-filled day of adventure as we got to watch the closest finish in Nascar history.  It tied for the closest, anyway - .002 seconds.  As a little perspective, traveling at 200 mph, that's about a foot.  Seriously, 12 inches.  Here, ladies - put your thumb and index finger as wide apart as you can.  We've told you for years that's 12....never mind.  Damn digression again.  It was a great race followed by the 45 minute trip home, only to get back in the car to drive five hours back to Destin, FL.  See what I mean about scheduling?  Careful, don't try this at home....I'm a trained professional.  Kinda makes you wonder what a novice could do, doesn't it?  So now you're up to speed.....all in a few short paragraphs.  Leaving here tomorrow heading to Arkansas, then Memphis.  I will meet the ladies back home on Thursday before traveling back to Richmond on Saturday.  If only someone would meet me half way.....BUT that's why they're called 'Ex's', I suppose.  Wow, this took a bit out of me.  Time for a nap until.....what?  Already?  Dinner?  I'm guessing SOME people had too much fun while dad was working, so.....

Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment