Thursday, April 14, 2011

Mickey's Place

Finally - a few minutes to write.  I realize (as previously mentioned) that this is titled the 'Daily View'.  Yes, I also realize that means, well....daily.  So I blew it yesterday...and maybe a few before that.  Seriously, I'm trying to remedy that.  I could've written last night but...well, scratch that.  I wanted to write last night, tried to write last night and the only words that come to mind - epic fail.  Why epic fail?  How about, umm....let's just say we might have gotten together after dinner last night.  We might have had a few adult beverages.  We might have had a few more.  I, then, might have tried to write and simply said, "Yeah, ain't happening."  I wanted to but my body disagreed.  Either way, here we are.....

We are, as I mentioned earlier, at Mickey's Place.  Some call it Disney World but everywhere you look - mouse ears.  What a visionary ol' Walt was, huh?  Imagine. What if he had an idea using a different, say, animal?  Like a giraffe.  Sorry, long day.  Not quite sure where that came from.  I have to admit, I'm not sure how anyone brings a family here at these prices.  Coke and a bottle of water - $6.50, thank you very much.  I was ready to scream, "RAPE!" but then again it is a family place.....which leads to 'Disney language'.

Like I said on FB, we get 'fined' for infractions.  Not wearing a name badge or phone ringing while in a meeting will cost you $5.00.  No worries because it goes to charity.  Because we are in Orlando, though...and it IS a family place...we were told to watch the language and remember to use the 'Disney language'.  Infraction cost - another $5.00.  Yes.......I might have been guilty a time or two.  Maybe three.  Okay, let's call it what it is - I gave them my ATM card.  No way was I getting out of here without less than a cool hundred bucks or so.  Damn it.  See?  Cha-ching.  If I don't help cure a disease after this weekend I will be amazed.  So it's off to dinner, then out for a surprise trip by one of our vendor partners.  I'm in.....with NO alcoho......alright, maybe just one.

PS. Watching the news before heading out.  FAA Chief gets fired because the Air Traffic Controllers are asleep in the towers again.  In 5 airports.  Sorry, folks, I'm going to continue driving.  This, coupled with the charges for bags, rude treatment by flight attendants, and overall nightmare that IS flying will keep me heading to Avis.  Besides, I can get a cup of coffee whenever I want without having to beg for a lukewarm cup of slightly brown water.  Hope y'all are having a great day and, as always.....

'Til next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment