Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Crossroads....or Vacation?

It has been a long day.  Long week, actually...and they seem to get longer and longer.  I'm not sure why that is other than I am either at a crossroads or need a vacation.  It seems that everyone I've been dealing with, on the customer side, has been short-tempered and impatient.  I understand, believe me.  Hell, when they get frustrated I do, too.  I can't explain why someone hasn't called them back yet.  I can't explain why their product hasn't arrived yet.  I can't explain why the rivers are rising.  Okay, that one I get, but still.  I can't explain why, when I hold the 'shift' key and press 'I' it gives me something that looks like this - i.  Now THAT pisses me off.  See?  I'm leaning toward vacation.  I guess the problem is (and where my frustration begins) that I work with adults...and expect them to act as such.  When someone asks you to do something and you say you will, I expect it to get done without having to remind them or follow up with them.  Okay, I get that it might happen a time or two.  That's understandable and forgiveable.  When it happens damn near every time it gets frustrating.....and we start putting loaded weapons away for fear of what might happen.  To us, not them.  We don't want to go to prison.  I hate to have the attitude of "Do your flippin' job and no one gets hurt."  It shouldn't be that way....so again, I am leaning toward vacation.  Maybe, though....just maybe...it means a new career choice.  Sadly, I've looked under "Millionaire's needed - will provide cash," but can find nothing.  I'm destined to earn it myself, I suppose.  Yeah, like there's time for THAT until I croak.  Robbing a bank sounded promising, too...until I found out the government frowns on that.  Tend to lock you up for that one.  Nothing fun is ever without consequence, I guess.

While we're on the subject of the government - have we all seen the story of FEMA todxay?  They want $22 million back that they improperly doled out to victims of natural disasters.  Please don't ask about the specifics.  Suffice it to say, they screwed up (IF they did) and now they want the money back immediately.  They're giving people 30 days to repay these payments, some as high as $27,000.00.  Fine government we have - perfect.  I said, too, I would not bash the current administration.....BUT...I was listening to the Speaker of the House this morning and he made a comment I not only agreed with, but finished the thought before he did.  We are a country that does not have an income problem, we have a spending problem.  Amen.  Now, can we please get to fixing the country's sorry economic state, try to trim the $14 Trillion-dollar deficit (yes, with a "T"), and get us back on our feet.  It's time to get us moving again and, quite frankly, the change I was promised is not the change I got.  I am NOT blaming Obama (solely) for this mess as I believe Congress has been dicking around as well. Yes, that's a political term - dicking around.  Refers to old Dick Nixon.  Seriously, look it up.  Anyway, Congress and the White House need to stop playing politics and start governing.  Period.  There is no other way to say it.  If the Obama supporters thing I am bashing him, so be it, however let's not bash George W. completely, either.  We (collective term) have created it.  Okay, so we've identified the problem.  Now let's offer up the solution.  End of story.  See?  Seriously, a vacation seems in order, doesn't it?

Lastly, and when I am in this mood this was the wrong story to see - they want to take chocolate milk out of schools.  Too much sugar.  Oh, God, here it comes.....wait for it......get ready......ARE YOU FREAKIN' SERIOUS???  Chocolate milk?  Uh-huh.  Let me tell you, folks, my kids go to school where there are (we never had 'em) vending machines with carbonated bevcerages - Coke, Sprite, Dr Pepper, Mountain Dew (great for school), and others.  They also have Chik-Fil-A for lunch.  That's one of the options!  i swear, we had salisbury steak that was tricked up to look like a burger.  Cardboard with some tomato sauce and cheese that they called pizza.  These kids get fast food and Coke....and they want to remove chocolate milk?  I am so close to using a four-letter word right now.  Yes, THAT one.  The BIG one.  Just to scream it. I can't....but remember the 'Crossroads' I mentioned way back when I started this piece?  I think I found my calling.  I'm thinking about a 48-State tour to get the word out - The Insanity Has Begun!  I think it might work.  Any thoughts?  Screw it, I'm going for it....

Until next time.........

2 comments:

  1. try to stay grounded in the insanity Dave thats all I can say

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your posts - I say, AGAIN, you need to get "out there" somehow & PUBLISHED for all to read!!!!
    Vacation to Hanover
    Job at Dentsply in York
    There ya go!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete